I can help defend you against charges, and if you have been convicted, I can help with the appeal or post-conviction relief. The key is to reach out as soon as possible if you believe you are being investigated or if you have been convicted.
I work as a Portland criminal defense lawyer in different areas of criminal defense, including:
- DUI: I have written and given presentations for other lawyers on the laws of driving under the influence of intoxicants, or DUII (commonly referred to as DUI) and work on first-time DUI defense and diversion and felony DUI issues.
- DMV issues: I’m able to represent clients in DMV hearings for DUII and with biometric suspensions of a driver’s license.
- Hit-and-run crimes, vehicular assault and vehicular homicide: I can represent clients in charges against property or people.
- Traffic crimes and violations: I have the experience to represent you in everything from speeding tickets to moving violations.
- Animal neglect: I have experience in a range of these issues.
- College student crimes: I’m able to represent college students charged with alcohol and DUI-related offenses, drug offenses or assault charges.
- Drug crimes: I can help defend you against charges of possession, delivery, cultivation or any other drug-related crime, including marijuana crimes.
- Sex offenses: Sex offenses are particularly sensitive. I will handle your defense with discretion in all areas, including child pornography. I can also work to get clients relief from sex offender registration.
- Domestic violence: Losing a domestic violence case often results in not being able to see your spouse or children. I will fight in your defense.
- Restraining orders, stalking, and stalking protection orders: A person must have a reasonable fear of imminent harm for the court to issue a restraining order or to charge you with stalking. I can defend against these charges.
- Probation violations: If you have been charged with a probation violation, I can work with the court to get it dismissed.
- Identity theft and other fraud crimes: The Oregon lawmakers have been steadily increasing the penalties for identity theft and fraud crimes.
- Gun charges: These offenses carry mandatory minimums and I’m committed to working to protect your rights.
- Ballot Measure 11: Usually violent or sex-related, Ballot Measure 11 crimes carry mandatory minimum penalties.
- Criminal appeals: If your criminal defense failed because of improper evidence, a legally unacceptable ruling from the judge or a violation of your constitutional rights, I can appeal your case to get your conviction reversed. I specialize in issues dealing with crimes tied to deportation, sexual offenses and even appeals from post-conviction rulings.
- Expungements: We might be able to get your conviction removed from your permanent record.
As an attorney, I excel at finding creative solutions. If you are being investigated, it’s important to reach out as soon as possible to begin protecting your rights. Call 503-388-4325 or send me an e-mail to setup a free initial consultation.